Large lists

Ian Kallen spidaman.list at gmail.com
Mon Nov 5 14:34:25 UTC 2007

On 11/5/07, K J <sanbat at gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm already using a DB to store the members list.  If you're proposing to
> use another layer of DB, wouldn't it be better to just do a DB query in the
> first place?

No, memcached is the other layer. I'm suggesting that the state be
kept in the DB but only go to the DB on a cache miss for both the
negative and positive cases. Don't maintain a keyspace for only the
positive case and roundtrip to the DB for the negative case; cache
misses aren't reliable indicators of state.