Recent patches

Tomash Brechko tomash.brechko at gmail.com
Sun Nov 11 08:46:14 UTC 2007

On Sat, Nov 10, 2007 at 17:08:22 -0600, Brian Moon wrote:
> Tomash I am trying to benchmark some of the new things you have
> submitted like the noreply feature.  But, I am getting a little lost
> with the all the different patch sets.

Two branches were submitted: one about GPerf, and one about
'noreply'.  GPerf was rejected because cascading strcmp() is so much
better.  'noreply' branch starts here:

  http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2007-November/005737.html

Every patch starting from this message is relevant.

(I'm sending the full sequence to you personally in order not to
pollute the list further).

There was a suggestion to use bench.pl from Cache::Memcached.  While
you can use it to see there's no degradation in performance, you
should be aware that bench.pl benchmarks only get_multi(), and thus
not relevant to 'noreply'.

--
   Tomash Brechko