Recent patches

Tomash Brechko tomash.brechko at gmail.com
Mon Nov 12 07:16:32 UTC 2007

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 23:52:40 -0600, Brian Moon wrote:
> >Ok, Tomash supplied me with a clean patch list.  Now, I need some
> >memslap help to know what I should test.  I ran a few, but as I have
> >never used it, I have no idea what to use.   Also, is there a test
> >script that uses the perl client that could test the noreply stuff?
>
> Well, hacked up a perl script to test the noreply stuff.  Now, I don't
> use the perl interface really at all.  So, if this script sucks, please
> tell me.  Script is at the end.
>
> 100,000 sets, 10,000 gets:
>
> current trunk:
> 4.243139
> 3.004905
>
> patched:
> 4.037977
> 1.999868

The script is good, thanks for taking the time.  But your results are
strange (especially the 30% improvement of get method).  Here's what I
get:

             $ret = ...         void context

trunk        101.255008          102.128995
              13.434119           13.074898

noreply       97.261798           13.326187
              12.990013           12.990013

I don't see the overhead of assignment BTW, numbers are roughly the
same.  So my questions are: are you sure patched Perl module was used
instead of a system-wide one (you probably have to set PERL5LIB)?
Have you rebuild and restarted the server?

> I ran some PHP tests too.  Of course, there is no "noreply" support, but
> the stats were basically identical.  Same with the memslap tests I ran.

But you added 'noreply' manually, right?

Sorry for such questions, but I can't find explanation to your results
at all.

--
   Tomash Brechko