Allocating memory beyond mem_limit if p->slabs <= 0

Chris Eberly chris.eberly at gmail.com
Wed Nov 14 17:39:18 UTC 2007

( No one has responded :) )

I agree with the first part of your response, it does allow you to
allocate a slab of every size regardless of the malloc limit. I might
be misunderstanding the code as well, but in this function we are
already past the point of checking the LRU, we are simply deciding
whether we can allocate a new slab or not. Anyhow, the first statement
is a good rationale for this code, and it hardly matters for the large
memory installations most people seem to be using. I'm new to the
source code so I'm just double checking my assumptions about the
design decisions. Thanks!

Chris Eberly