Failover

Alberto Bertogli albertito at gmail.com
Thu Nov 29 23:31:33 UTC 2007

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 09:45:17AM +0000, Marcus Bointon wrote:
>  On 19 Nov 2007, at 18:39, Jeff Rooney wrote:
> > My current setup has 3 servers running the memcache daemon with 2 frontend
> > web servers. As part of storing the sessions I create a memcache connection
> > pool  containing all 3 of the backend servers and store the session data,
> > so far so good. Where my problem comes into play is if one of the memcache
> > daemons fails all session data held within that server is lost, is there
> > anyway to have a set up data stored on multiple servers based on the same
> > key? If a daemon dies I would prefer to not lose all active sessions
> > contained on that system if at all possible.
>

>  As Perrin said, you're in square peg / round hole territory. Look at
>  memcachedb or sharedance instead.

Or nmdb (http://auriga.wearlab.de/~alb/nmdb/), which can also handle the
"store the same data in multiple servers, just in case one fails"
scenario when using TIPC as the network protocol (note that the "the
other server is down, start to reply to requests" notification is up to
you at the moment, and so is "the previous master came up" issue).

Thanks,
		Alberto

PS: resent through gmane because I'm not subscribed to the list (I
read it through gmane) and it rejects the email.