memcached C# client test failed

a. a at enyim.com
Mon Oct 1 13:13:36 UTC 2007

Thinking further, I think I have a guess what happened. Only the
expiration checking test has failed, which puts some stuff into the
cache, waits for 10 secs and checks if the items have disappeared
from the cache. However I need some help from list members.

Absolute expirations must be specified in Unix time - elapsed seconds
since 1970/1/1. The code just subtracted the epoch from the
timestamp, converted into secs, and gave it to the server.

However, on the windows server items usually expired immediately or
did not expired in the specified time. depending on their local
timezone. So, I've first converted the expiration time to UTC then
did the conversion and expiration started to work again.

I believe that the windows or the linux version (probably the first)
converts unix dates improperly, and this can cause the failed test
with linux servers.

Question is: which server does this correctly, and should I convert
the local expiration time into UTC before calculating the Unix time
or not?

(Unfortunately I do not have access to Linux servers right now, but
I'll try to get one.)

a.