how to truncate the logs without kill memcached

Steven Grimm sgrimm at facebook.com
Mon Oct 22 21:15:16 UTC 2007

No, and that's nothing to do with memcached; it's true of any program
where you're redirecting the output directly into a file.

Try piping output to some helper program that opens a new logfile every
so often. There are several such available (cronolog springs to mind).

Running with -vv in any kind of production environment is unusual. What
do you use all that information for, out of curiosity?

-Steve