Speed difference under load

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Sat Oct 27 04:57:40 UTC 2007

On Oct 26, 2007, at 21:27, K J wrote:

> So it's normal to have Memcache's response time be 1 second, if the
> system is relatively idle?  This happens when I'm basically the
> only user on the system, logging in, checking pages, etc.

	No, I've not seen memcached do that, but it shouldn't be surprising
in a benchmark test.  It's sort of a ``don't do that'' kind of thing.

	Even if you do start metrics from the beginning, you typically want
to throw out anomalies.  There are only going to be so many first
requests in a given execution.

--
Dustin Sallings