Status of Tag implementation?

Jan Miczaika jan at hitflip.de
Tue Oct 30 19:13:28 UTC 2007

We have implemented a "best-effort" tagging system without memcache
modifications, by extending the Zend Framework Cache component. For each
tag there is a key, which contains a serialized list of keys associated
with it.

One has to be careful to have fairly unique tags, else the entries get
too long (ids work well). Also, if the tag keys are evicted or lost we
cannot flush properly.

This mechanism has reduced the number of flushed keys considerably.

I'd prefer a memcache solution, though.

--
Geschäftsführer / Managing Director
Hitflip Media Trading GmbH

Tel. +49-(0)221-272407-27
Fax. 0221-272407-22 (that's so 1990s)
HRB 59046, Amtsgericht Köln

Geschäftsführer: Andre Alpar, Jan Miczaika, Gerald Schönbucher