Memcached + MySQL

Alexander Zaitsev alexander.zaitsev at webamg.com
Wed Oct 31 10:57:30 UTC 2007

This will not buy you much. If you have MySQL on the backend, it is
useless idea to replace storage engine by Memcached.

MySQL itself has a bunch of optimization options that effectively turn
disk reads into memory reads . In your case I would guess that following
tuning would help:
1. Increase MySQL query cache size
2. increase key_buffer_size (normal value is 512K).

MyISAM is also faster than InnoDB, if your application logic permits
non-transactional DB. MEMORY engine is probably not a good idea since
you can loose all your data.

--
Alexander Zaitsev
Engineering Manager