An alternative to Tugela cache

Alberto Bertogli albertito at gmail.com
Sun Sep 2 03:52:24 UTC 2007

Hi!

I just wanted to let you know that I wrote something that can be used
as an alternative to Tugela cache (or memcached itself, although I don't
think it's worth the trouble).

It's called "nmdb", and you can find it at
http://auriga.wearlab.de/~alb/nmdb/.

It's non blocking and can use bdb or qdbm as backends. It supports the
TCP, UDP, SCTP and TIPC network protocols, comes with a C library, and
has bindings for Python and (less tested) Ruby, Bigloo (scheme),
NewLISP, D and Haskell.

It uses a very simple binary protocol, it's "8 bit clean" (ie. it
doesn't care about what's inside the key or the value), and currently
has a size limitation of key + value = 64kb, but it shouldn't be hard to
raise.

If you have any questions or comments, please let me know. I've also set
up a mailing list some days ago, you can find it at
http://lists.auriga.wearlab.de/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/nmdb-devel.

Thanks,
		Alberto