Fwd: Ubuntu php client install not working out

Aleksander Kamenik aleksander at krediidiinfo.ee
Thu Sep 6 13:03:38 UTC 2007

Matt Crossley wrote:
> The packages I've found to install memcache for php have all failed to
> work. I went to the pecl method, it failed, went to the phpize method,
> wound up reading a message on this mailing list about patching a
> file...which I did and now I'm getting:
> checking for session includes... /usr/include/php5/ext/session/
> checking for memcache session support... enabled
> configure: error:
> You've configured extension memcache, which depends on extension session,
> but you've either not enabled session, or have disabled it.

I think I had the same problem, _after_ phpize I had to uncomment a part
that checked for this:

diff memcache-2.1.2/configure memcache-2.1.2_fixed/configure
3886,3896c3886,3896
<   if test "x$is_it_shared" = "x" && test "x" != "xtrue"; then
<     { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error:
< You've configured extension memcache, which depends on extension session,
< but you've either not enabled session, or have disabled it.
< " >&5
< echo "$as_me: error:
< You've configured extension memcache, which depends on extension session,
< but you've either not enabled session, or have disabled it.
< " >&2;}
<    { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
<   fi
---
 > #  if test "x$is_it_shared" = "x" && test "x" != "xtrue"; then
 > #    { { echo "$as_me:$LINENO: error:
 > #You've configured extension memcache, which depends on extension
session,
 > #but you've either not enabled session, or have disabled it.
 > #" >&5
 > #echo "$as_me: error:
 > #You've configured extension memcache, which depends on extension
session,
 > #but you've either not enabled session, or have disabled it.
 > #" >&2;}
 > #   { (exit 1); exit 1; }; }
 > #  fi

phpize generates the configure script, so you have to uncomment the
buggy part after phpize. I don't know what the real fix should be. I'm
experiencing this on SLES10.

HTH,

--
Aleksander Kamenik