question regarding memory usage

Sumit Datta sumitdatta at gmail.com
Sat Sep 8 08:10:46 UTC 2007

Hello,
Well you seem to have come across a question many of us come across.
This is a general scenario of "Is this better than that". I would
really suggest not listening to any of us (we all are biased towards
memcached :D ) and just go ahead and make a test case. It would hardly
take a day to build a test case and test it to the limits. You will
certainly know the answer yourself. Regarding APC I would say we tried
that and liked it, but memcache was much better. APC somehow was not
very stable and we had many crashes when a lot of data was being
cached.
The best part of the test is that it is really easy setup and just
spend some hours and try it out. I am sure you will be on our side
after your tests.
--
Thanks
=Code is Poetry=