Memcache and Smarty

J A pcdwho at gmail.com
Mon Sep 10 06:24:15 UTC 2007

I've read that it's not good to use Memcache to cache MySQL queries, as the
MySQL buffer already does this.  Instead, I should cache the html output.
Is this what one should always do?

I'm running PHP and using Smarty for templates.  The PHP throws the output
to Smarty, and Smarty is the thing that outputs the html.  Thus my
application is not able to grab the html output.  Or is there a way to do
it?

For instance, in a page I might have a "about us" section, a "friends list",
and a "blog list".  I'd like to cache each of those sections.