Memcache CAS

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Mon Sep 17 06:41:32 UTC 2007

On Sep 16, 2007, at 22:25, Chris Goffinet wrote:

> Sorry for getting this in late, here is the memcache cas patchset I
> did with the help of Dustin Sallings. I'll try to get the pecl
> memcache diff out too later this week, just super busy right now.
> It's prototype, but works and I know can be cleaned up :-) If I get
> time I'll do that too.

	Couple of comments on this version:

	1)  You've got an item_get that doesn't have a corresponding
item_remove (:1113)
	2)  I don't completely understand why item was expanded for an
identifier.  Its usage seems to suggest it's a parameter being passed
into store.
	3)  Can no longer distinguish between a missing record (need to add)
or a missed identifier (need to refetch and try again).

	Both #2 and #3 seem to have something to do with the new parameter
on item_alloc.  Is it possible to avoid this API change?  It's not a
*huge* deal, but it causes a forward compatibility issue with my
binary patches on my single patch stack.  If you could avoid the API
change, I wouldn't have to maintain two different versions.  :)

--
Dustin Sallings