memory overflow?

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Sep 20 05:36:42 UTC 2007

How big are your items? If they're huge...

Memcached doesn't return memory to the OS after an item expires. It's
also a fancy LRU, so it'll deal with not having enough memory to cache
all of your objects. Watch the evictions stat and your cache hits stats.

If the former goes up and the latter goes down, trim your data or get
more memcached's.

-Dormando