Altering queries?

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Sep 20 18:38:09 UTC 2007

On Sep 20, 2007, at 7:50 , K J wrote:

> Now, if I want to start storing each user's ignore list in
> Memcache, it would mean I just grab C's friends list, then filter
> out the ignored users in memcache using program logic.
>
> Is this a good way of using Memcache? Or is there a better way?

	It sounds like it'd be cheaper and allow you to make better use of
cache, so I'd assume it's good.

	Being able to rely on a cache will impact your design and will
generally be good.  I do some things very similar to this that
involve grabbing some list-like data, and then fetching items related
to items within the list.  As many as I can get come from cache, and
the rest have to be fetched from the source, and then placed back
into the cache.

--
Dustin Sallings