Memcache + Dynamic Query Filters

Rakesh Rajan rakeshxp at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 06:40:59 UTC 2007

Hi All,

I am trying to use memcached for a web application with search
functionality. All search queries work on certain number of parameters ( the
parameters are numbers or boolean ).
There is also an additional parameter ( date range ) which is also attached
to the query.

One of my sample query ( sql ) looks like
select * from table where type = 1 and ( occurred_date between 'some date'
and 'some date');

Has someone out here dealt with date range based querying using memcached
before or have any ideas around how to use ( if at all ) memcached for such
dynamic queries ?

Thanks,
Rakesh