Reluctant development series (binary protocol)

Brian Aker brian at tangent.org
Wed Apr 2 16:46:24 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Mar 31, 2008, at 11:41 PM, Dustin Sallings wrote:
> 	Will it be likely that many of these will be wrappers around
> something like Brian Aker's C library?

Working on it... Callback designs are the only friendly way to do the
binary API in C in a friendly manner without calling a bunch of
malloc().

These designs though I am told work poorly for some of the driver
writers.

And... I am hearing complaints about the fact that the binary protocol
requires state, while the old text one does not.

Cheers,
	-Brian

Brian "Krow" Aker, brian at tangent.org
Seattle, Washington