Two binary protocol questions (draft, stats)

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Thu Apr 3 22:21:45 UTC 2008

Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On Apr 3, 2008, at 15:06, Aaron Stone wrote:
>> Since that's just a few weeks away anyhow, might we schedule a binary
>> protocol interop event for late May or June?
>
> Interop events are awesome.  For just the wire protocol, it's not
> necessary, but there's a secondary one that would be nice:
>
> Sharing objects through memcached.
>
> i.e. solve the ``how do I got this perl program to understand stuff this
> java stuff is storing?'' problem and prove them.
>
> I haven't done a formal protocol interop event in a few years.  All I
> remember is a few long days, chaos and catering.  I'll bring the chaos.

I like this slightly altered idea ;)

We should really wrap up for a 1.4.0 release as soon as possible so we
can get on with other server work. So I'd love to help plan out an
interop thinger in june, and then otherwise get this binary protocol
stuff done ASAP.

We have a hackathon planned during the mysql user's conference coming
up, by the way! I wasn't going to formally announce it because we don't
have a timeslot yet :) But it's there if anyone's going.

In the meantime, pretty much anyone can take a look through the binary
plan v2 doc and spot the differences between it and any of the test
clients. I'd do it right now if I didn't have all this "work" crap to do :)

-Dormando