build Memcache in debian 4.0

hce webmail.hce at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 11:48:17 UTC 2008

On 4/6/08, Christian Leber <christian at leber.de> wrote:
> On Sun, Apr 06, 2008 at 08:25:24PM +1000, hce wrote:
>
>  Hello hce,
>

>  > checking for libevent directory... configure: error: libevent is
>  > required.  You can get it from http://www.monkey.org/~provos/libevent/
>

> You have to install libevent-dev

Reading from INSTALL:

"If using Linux, you need a kernel with epoll.  Sure, libevent will
work with normal select, but it sucks."

Sorry I am new to Memcache, does above mean if the kernel supports
epoll, there is no need for libevent? Or what I was missing?

>  > How can config the memcache with epoll rather than libevent?
>

> It may look like a funny idea... but have you considered looking at the
>  libevent webpage before asking this question?

Yes, I looked at libevent webpage, but I could not see any relevant
relationship between using epoll or libevent?

>  Otherwise when you want to use epoll directly i would suggest vim.

Yes, I am using vim. The memcache I am going to use is for lighttpd,
not sure what vim to do with epool directly in memcache for lighttpd?
Please elaborate more.

Thank you.

Jim