Sliding expiration

Michael Wieher michael.wieher at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 14:45:45 UTC 2008

Well, I'm not sure either, but some googling brough up a buncha msdn2
/ asp related things.... I sorta glanced and it seems like a FIFO
idea, more or less, which brings up a question I have, although I have
no idea if the original poster was wondering this but um

time_t(0) when setting an object in the cache
....time passes....more objects get set....some time_t(0) some time_t(n)...
set-new-object time_t(0 or n) ... but cache is full...

does it reject the new object
or throw out the oldest time_t(0) object?
or throw out the oldest time_t(n) object where n>0 but n-has-expired?

if i wanted a pure FIFO cache, just set all expiration to NULL?