Sliding expiration

Simone Busoli simone.busoli at gmail.com
Fri Apr 18 21:52:00 UTC 2008

What we're trying to accomplish is to oversize the memcached servers
memory in order to potentially keep all our data inside memchached,
which will never need to reclaim space and thus won't apply its lru
mechanism. Therefore, in order to keep the most frequently used data
always in cache we would like to apply a sliding expiration of x to
the entries, so that as long as they are accessed at least each x,
they never expire.