how to test memcached

Roy Lyseng Roy.Lyseng at Sun.COM
Thu Apr 24 17:05:42 UTC 2008

Hi Qingbo,

we are a team that are responsible for making memcached play well on
OpenSolaris. Among other things, we have been playing with tuning the
network drivers for latency. Trond has a tool that can be used to
measure simple operations on memcached.

Regarding test architecture, you need to decide what you want to test.
Are you focused on simple memcached performance, or do you want to test
the memcached/MySQL combo?

What is the purpose of the testing? Are you looking to see whether you
can sustain a specific load, or are you comparing against other systems?

Your choice of Sparc vs. x86 architecture can also make a difference.

Cheers,
Roy