Memcached debugging and analysis

Michael Ludwig mlu at as-guides.com
Mon Apr 28 12:00:34 UTC 2008

Kris Drebin schrieb:
> Greetings everyone,
>
> Is there a tool available that would give me the ability to easily
> view/analyze the contents of keys contained in a memcached instance?

I don't know of any such tool. But then, I'm a memcache newbie.

Once you know the keys, you can easily write such a tool using any of
the APIs available.

http://www.danga.com/memcached/apis.bml

In case you don't know the keys, I think there is no way to get at the
contents: you'd need a function giving you a list of keys (or a key
iterator), and judging from the C API, it looks like there is no such
thing - probably because there is no need for it.

http://docs.tangent.org/libmemcached/memcached.html

If what I write is wrong, which may well be the case, please correct.

Thanks,

Michael