image chaching

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Feb 7 17:17:07 UTC 2008

   How many images do you plan on having active in cache?  You
couldn't have very many at 1MB without spending an enormous amount of
money on keeping them off disk.

   One of my apps is an image server which has hierarchical cache
mechanism that allows me to have a soft reference cache over memcached
over a disk-based cache.  Various layers will reject items that are
too big.  In my case, smaller images will go into memcached, but most
full-size images never will.

--
Dustin Sallings (mobile)