Upcoming memcached releases + rambling.

Brian Aker brian at tangent.org
Sat Feb 9 16:16:52 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Feb 9, 2008, at 12:28 AM, dormando wrote:

> Mercurial does appear to work better with pushing things around, while
> git is primarily pull oriented. I don't mind the loss there, pushing
> between distributed repos is kinda crazy. Or maybe I just haven't used
> hg enough.

This is what is really working well for me with Mercurial. I dropped
hgweb into a directory and then as I want to add users I just update
an htpasswd generated file. No fuss what so ever. We all push into the
same repository. As far as sharing changes go I like that I can push a
branch into the main repository and share that branch, without any
average committer/puller seeing that (well by default... its not
hidden).

I am sure git has much of this as well though.

Cheers,
	-Brian

Brian "Krow" Aker, brian at tangent.org
Seattle, Washington