Multi-Interface Patch

Brian Aker brian at tangent.org
Wed Feb 13 14:45:45 UTC 2008

Hi!

On Feb 13, 2008, at 8:08 AM, dormando wrote:

> - We could probably live without the memory managed lists. I can
> think of a couple ways to flatten the loops (right now it loops
> several times during setup?) and remove the extra code, but this
> doesn't necessarily bug me enough to request it be fixed.

Yes I agree. I think within one more patch I can clean this up to be
much cleaner (I don't want to hit you with too large of patches).

> - The code style is closer to mysql/libmemcached than the rest of
> memcached. This is actually a little obnoxious.

D'oh! I thought I had gotten the style correctly.

> - Sad that this doesn't clean up into a more generic "fetching of
> lists of possible addresses then applying them in a loop". So
> there's still no easy way to interface multiple individual listeners
> in. Oh well. Another patch?

You mean do that with IP instead of hostnames? If we want to make the
list comma separated that is certainly possible.

> - Is there an easy way to add some tests for this? Given that it's
> internal-only support for ipv6 multiple interface thingers, I'm
> kinda doubting it, which is sad.

I've not figured out a portable way to test for IPV6 interfaces which
is platform independent.

> If any of these are worth addressing, let me know. Otherwise it's
> going in with some minor style fixes for 1.2.5.

Thanks. If you want to have the ipaddress be multiple, I'm up for
sending in a patch on that when I can.

Cheers,
	-Brian

Brian "Krow" Aker, brian at tangent.org