Tag Function

Du Song freewizard at gmail.com
Mon Feb 25 08:03:57 UTC 2008

On Wed, Feb 13, 2008 at 11:15 AM, Robert Q. Liu <robertqingliu at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, all:
>

>     We add "Tag Function" for memcached. Propose is remove several keys with
> the same tag in one operation. We use hash and splay tree, make the
> "tag_add" and "tag_delete" commands very quickly, and save memory as much as
> possible.
>

> New memcached command:
>
> tag_add <tag> <key>*
>
> tag_delete <tag>
>

>     More detail:
>
>         http://code.google.com/p/memcached-tag/
>

>     If you find BUGS, please tell us, thanks very much.
>

> Have Fun!
>
> Robert Q. Liu

 What about tweak the code a bit to match the community proposal[1]
about tag function last year? for Liu's code, that is

1. changing from
   tag_add tag key1 key2 ...
   add_tag key tag1 tag2 ...
which may be more common in daily usage,

2. renaming from
   tag_delete
   invalidate_tag
which prevents misunderstanding.

I wonder if changes above will help adding this as an experimental
feature in the future release since (i guess) lots of ppl (incl. me)
demand this tag thing so much. :P

[1] http://lists.danga.com/pipermail/memcached/2007-October/005436.html

--
Regards,