Protocol questions

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Thu Feb 28 17:04:47 UTC 2008

   It's come up a few times.  The value seems fairly low for the cost.

   I have no doubt it can be made to work, but it'd be harder to get
right and the end result would be a savings of a file descriptor or
two in a mixed protocol installation.

   Of course, if someone wants to spend some time trying to build this
single-listener mechanism, I wouldn't mind taking a look at it.  I
just haven't heard a compelling enough argument to convince I'd to
take on the complexity myself.

--
Dustin Sallings (mobile)