Keep Getting Connection Timeout

dormando dormando at rydia.net
Sat Jan 5 01:35:19 UTC 2008

Hey,

Check your local firewall (iptables/etc) setup. I've been seeing a
number of reports recently where people max out their iptables state
table and get connections dropped (which appear as timeouts since the
firewall doesn't sent resets when it runs out of state entries?).

Increasing the state entries or bypassing the firewall for memcached
usually fixes it. See your friendly iptables tutorials on how to try
this out.

-Dormando