Moving key hashing into the client

Brad Oaks bradoaks at gmail.com
Sat Jan 12 13:52:07 UTC 2008

Hello Tomash,

Are you sure about the server computing a hash?

I don't believe the server computes a hash at all for the purposes of
determining on what machine the key will be stored.  I believe that
*all* of this happens on the client side and that the servers don't
"know" about one another in any regard.

I'm using memcached 1.1.12 with the Perl client Cache::Memcached
version 1.24 in our environment.

Others will likely chime in too and let us know with more authority.
--bradoaks