memcached server loses set command when followed by quit

Kevin Dalley kevin at kelphead.org
Mon Jan 28 17:38:19 UTC 2008

Thanks for the answer.  I have mixed feelings on the design.

On the one hand, the server does have state.  If a key is set, that key
is available to all future clients.  Even if the client is not
listening, the server should be modified.

However, it is easy to modify the client so that it tries to read the
"quit\r\n" is sent, perhaps eventually giving up.

Right now, I think that the quit command should read the socket until
EOF is received, perhaps sucking out a large number of responses to
previous requests which will be ignored by the client.