win32 version of memcached 1.2.5

Brodie Thiesfield brofield2 at jellycan.com
Fri Jun 13 09:16:43 UTC 2008

Dustin Sallings wrote:

> On Jun 13, 2008, at 0:04, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
>
>>            Did you have to make any changes to get it to build at all?
>>
>>            What kinds of changes did you need to add to it?
>>

>> He has a diff linked from that URL:
>> http://code.jellycan.com/files/memcached.diff
>
> I'm still curious about the changes that came after this, but in the
> meantime, I've pushed this up in a ``win32'' branch based on the
> second-to-last changeset on master.  It doesn't apply on master itself
> due to the recent daemon changes so I figured I'd just fix it when I'm
> not passing out.
My company is bundling memcached with one of our server products on
Windows to make it easier to install for the client and to be able to
manage bugs internally. The changes are solely related to that. For
instance: use our internal NT service code, a different name, different
resources, load and verify configuration details from a config file.

The only changes that might be nice to push back into the main source
base is the abstraction of the memcached code from the NT service code.
Basically this entailed separating main into the functions:
service_init(argc, argv), service_run(void), service_stop(void) and
service_uninit(void). main() on non-Windows turns into a progressive
call of those functions. main on Windows is orients more around running
the NT service code.

Regards,
Brodie