Client interoperability, server selection.

Tomash Brechko tomash.brechko at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 16:01:55 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 11, 2008 at 18:29:46 +0300, Tomash Brechko wrote:
>  - only addresses shorter than 23 bytes are accepted (including ':' and
>    port number), longer addresses are silently ignored.

One more point: the limit above comes from the fact that only IPv4
addresses in their "111.222.333.444:55555" syntax are supported by
libketama (or so I think).  But for a generic solution we have to
support IPv6 addresses, and should hash the string as it was specified
by the user.  In particular, if the user specifies the host _name_, it
should be hashed as is, and not host IP address.  This should be the
part of our agreement.

--
   Tomash Brechko