Libev and libevent

josh rotenberg joshrotenberg at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 03:55:40 UTC 2008

I've been doing some non-memcached related stuff with libevent
recently and was also looking at libev as an alternative. libev has a
libevent emulation thinger (basically a tarball of libevent with the
libev stuff in the guts) that supposedly lets you use libevent as you
normally would (with some caveats I believe).

I actually tried compiling memcached against the emulated libevent and
ran my benchmarks and found the standard libevent (1.4.1) was faster.
To be fair, I didn't spend more than 15 minutes looking at it. It
could also be that actually rewriting the event handling stuff in
memcached to use libev directly would be faster and a better
comparison, but FWIW ...

Josh