Apache::Session::Memcached Insanity

Perrin Harkins perrin at elem.com
Thu Mar 20 14:35:21 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 6:53 PM, Robert Landrum <robertlandrum at gmail.com> wrote:
> The real question is, why isn't the
> untie triggering the underlying tied object to be destroyed?

I think Mike covered that one.

> And why does
> the apache process continue to serve requests without cleaning up the
> object?

You definitely see this process serving more requests?  Not sure why
the scoping is working that way for you.  Maybe something is causing
it to wait until the connection is gone, and keep-alive is preventing
that from happening.

> Maybe I was given bad versioning information from our SA, and we
> have different mod_perl versions...  versions that perhaps do garbage
> cleanup differently.  Or maybe it's perl that's doing the garbage cleanup
> different.

That's pretty unlikely.  Fundamentals like that haven't changed in a long time.

Glad to hear you got it working.

- Perrin