distributed memcached + php api

Garret garret.dworld at gmail.com
Mon May 5 12:00:34 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I have one question about memcached. I had worked only with one cache
server before. But now I want make distributed cache system on several
boxes.

I'm using built-in PHP memcached api. There is function addServer
which add a memcached server to connection pool.
But I don't know how it works then, when I'll try to store some data.
And I can't find any information in the internet :(

For example I have 3 servers with memcached. When I want to store some
large amounts of different data, what principle of decision where from
this servers store info?

Thx.