memcached timeouts

Evert | Rooftop evert at rooftopsolutions.nl
Mon May 5 19:05:26 UTC 2008

Hi List,

I'm getting timeouts trying to connect to memcached. The odd thing is
that the timeouts only occur from 1 single webserver, to 1 single
memcached box:

Memcache::get() [<a href='function.Memcache-get'>function.Memcache-
get</a>]: Server www5 (tcp 11211) failed with: Connection timed out
(110)

Other boxes connecting to that memcached instance work fine, and that
webserver connecting to other memcached instances also have no issues.

This might well be a problem somewhere completely else, but I was
hoping someone on this list can advice on how to track down the exact
problem. What is a good starting point?

Thanks,
Evert