garbage collector

Dustin Sallings dustin at spy.net
Sat May 24 17:46:13 UTC 2008

On May 24, 2008, at 10:29, wes wrote:

> What is the best way to determine whether it is swapping? Is there a
> way I can tell the OS not to swap memcache specifically?

	Depends on your OS.  You should be able to see difference between the
vm size and the resident size in things like top pretty easily.

	-k will try to lock memcached's allocated memory.  That may not work,
though.  The easiest way to avoid swapping is to not have swap.  For
example, why put a disk in a dedicated memcached machine at all?

--
Dustin Sallings