test Cache::Memcached::Fast fails on Solaris 10, x86

Tomash Brechko tomash.brechko at gmail.com
Mon May 26 06:28:27 UTC 2008

On Fri, May 23, 2008 at 10:13:59 +0100, alex at owal.co.uk wrote:
> I'm trying to use Cache::Memcached::Fast on Solaris 10, x86 (not Sparc)
> for 64 bit perl. It compiles but doesnt pass all the tests. I'd love to
> hear suggestions on how to diagnose my problem.

This is the second report that C::M::F doesn't work under Solaris x86
64-bit.  I would be wise to suspect a bug in the module, however right
now I don't have a clue what the problem is.  It may be either 64-bit
related or Solaris related, or both.  When my daily job permits I'll
try to test the module under 64-bit Linux further (though it is
reported to work on 64-bit FreeBSD), however I don't have the access
to any Solaris host.  It might shed the light if someone would run
tests on Solaris under Valgrind, or otherwise dig into the problem.

> First question is why am I getting this message when connecting to the
> single test server. Why does it say listening to 2 servers?
>
> t/01-connect......# Connected to 2 memcached servers, lowest version 1.2.5

The server on localhost is specified twice for test purposes, see
t/Memd.pm.  The module isn't smart enough nor does care if it's the
same server or not.

> Did the server have to be started up listening on localhost:DEFAULTPORT or
> realhostname:DEFAULTPORT ?

By default localhost:11211 and 127.0.0.1:11211 are used.

> In fact most of the test seemed to work... I can supply the debug log from
> the memcached server - except it is 140K so I didnt cut and paste it into
> the email :-)

Could you please gzip the log and send it to me directly?  Thanks!

--
   Tomash Brechko