mogilefsd cannot see mogstored's running

Justin Azoff JAzoff at uamail.albany.edu
Wed Aug 10 10:22:22 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-09 at 22:39 -0700, Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> On Thu, 21 Jul 2005, Justin Azoff wrote:
>
> > No.. that is there problem is.  I think on the real mogile servers, the
> > devN directories actually correspond to mountpoints, so that code works.
> > If your devN directory is just another directory, it doesn't work quite
> > right.
>
> Yeah.
>
> I'd take a patch to make it work when it's not a mount point, or I'll do
> it, if somebody can tell me the portable way to do it.
>
> - Brad

Using "df -l $path" rather than "df -l" + search for correct line would
work and not require many changes, but I think the correct portable way
you are referring to is statvfs...

In perl it looks like you need a third party library,
libfilesys-statvfs-perl in debian...

http://search.cpan.org/~iguthrie/Filesys-Statvfs_Statfs_Df-0.78/Statvfs.pm

you just multiply $blocks and $bfree by $bsize..

--
-- Justin Azoff
-- Network Performance Analyst