new file hanging?

Justin Azoff JAzoff at uamail.albany.edu
Wed Aug 24 04:51:59 PDT 2005

On Tue, 2005-08-23 at 21:37 -0700, Brandon Ooi wrote:
> Hi,
>
> We are trying out MogileFS as a solution to our storage problem. I've
> set up the database, tracker and a couple storage nodes just for
> testing. (all which seem to be working).
>
> I'm trying to create a new file in mogilefs but it seems to just hang.
> The code to create a new file was taken near verbatim from the
> danga.com/mogilefs/usage.bml. However, "printing" to a mogilefs file
> handle seems to hang
[snip :-)]

sounds like your client can connect to the mogilefsd tracker but not the
mogstored nodes.

What happens when you "open" a file is the client connects to mogilefsd,
which gives the client one or more http urls that point to your
mogstored nodes.  So it looks like your client is getting that list, but
is unable to connect.

try using mogtool with debugging on to get more information:
$ mogtool --debug --trackers=127.0.0.1:7001 --domain=foo --class=bar  inject /etc/motd /etc/motd
or such

Make sure that your clients can connect to the mogstored nodes on port
7500 and 7501....

--
-- Justin Azoff
-- Network Performance Analyst