anybody used php->perl interface with mogilefs?

Bryn Forbes bryn at mrpath.com
Fri Jul 1 11:16:05 PDT 2005

I work for a company that develops image database software, and we've
been considering implementing something very similar to mogilefs, and
then I stumbled upon mogilefs and given our desire not to reinvent the
wheel we're strongly considering using mogilefs. I'm wondering if
anybody can point out any gotchas as far as using the php->perl
interface (as described at
http://www.zend.com/php5/articles/php5-perl.php) we want to be able to
have a php web interface which does authentication read and write the
files.

Does the db schema for the file replication allow for specifying which
disks are on which machines so as to make sure copies are on different
machines? Can it be extended to support multiple geographic locations
(require one copy in each location)?

Thanks,

Bryn