mogilefsd cannot see mogstored's running

Mark Smith junior at danga.com
Fri Jul 15 14:32:54 PDT 2005

This really sounds like a permissions problem.  Please verify that
/var/mogdata is correctly writable by the user that you're running
mogstored as.

Best way to do that:

# su - <user>
$ cd /var/mogdata/dev3
$ mkdir tmp
$ touch tmp/foo
$ ls tmp/foo
$ rm tmp/foo
$ rmdir tmp

If all of those succeed, then you should be set... but if any of those
operations fail, then there's a permissions issue that needs resolving.

Anyway, you're also not running the latest Perlbal code.  We recently
changed a lot of the file handling, and you may want to update to the
latest.  (Of course, this code is still being tested, so YMMV...)

--
Junior (aka Mark Smith)
junior at danga.com

Software Engineer