mogilefs with X-Reproxy-Url questions

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Wed Jul 20 14:36:45 PDT 2005

Perlbal in front, facing the world.

Requests come to Perlbal, which proxies them through to PHP.  In the
process, perlbal advertises (to PHP) that it supports reproxying.

Then your PHP notices this advertisement (or not if you're sloppy) and
tells Perlbal where those files are, like you did with the x-reproxy-url
header.

Next, PHP finishes and perlbal takes over, connecting to MogileFS storage
nodes (mogstored) and pumping the file out.