Recovery procedure

Brandon Ooi brandon at hotornot.com
Tue Nov 8 19:30:01 PST 2005

Hi,

We suffered our first drive failure on mogile and I'm trying to figure
out the aftermath.

1) the primary drive on one of our storage nodes failed
2) this caused both our mogilefsd daemons to hang requiring a restart...
3) In SQL, i marked the host as 'down' so that requests would not go to
that machine.
4) I replaced the primary drive and brought the machine back up.

There is a second drive on the machine that is still good and I'd like
to use that. How do I mark the device as 'dead' and the host as 'alive'
and have mogile rereplicate everything that was lost? Is there a
standard way of doing this?

brandon