mark/delete device.

Brad Fitzpatrick brad at danga.com
Thu Jun 15 22:50:33 UTC 2006

You can re-use the same device id if you're sure you got all the files.
But if it "failed", there's a nice possibility you lost some files, so
it's easier to just mark that device as 'dead' and let Mogile replicate
files from good disks to the new (empty) replacement disk.

There will be an fsck/verifier job in a future release that just takes its
idle time to walk around and re-check all the fids/replication
policies/locations.  Once you had that, it'd be a little less scary to
throw in a restored disk into the mix.