updates

Eric Lambrecht eml at guba.com
Wed Nov 15 22:24:30 UTC 2006

Brad Fitzpatrick wrote:
> Wow, where do I start?  This is all over the place.  :)

Yeah... heh... I know. I wanted to throw something out in case I get
sidetracked.. you never know if some enterprising individual would spend
the time to work with this...

> Do you want comments already (and on what?), or do you want to break this
> into smaller pieces and start getting it into svn?

Hrmm... how about some comments on the changes to the replication policy
code and the Replication worker? Take a look at the changes to
Replication.pm and MuitipleHosts.pm

What do you think of the ability for a replication policy to delete
things? What about the 'extrareplicacount' idea?

Beyond those things, I think I might be able to split things up.

> Are you planning on staying caught up on svn but maintaining differences,
> getting your stuff into svn, or just forking?  (I'm doubting forking,
> since you sent this code drop... :))

I want to stay caught up. No point in doing open source if you can't
mooch off of everybody else's hard work. ;-)

> I'd love to help you get the common parts in and anything guba-specific
> into clean hooks/policy classes, but it'll be some work on both our parts.
>
> How do you want to proceed?

Is there anything in what I've described that just sounds nuts to you?

I'll try to break out the straight bugfixes/simple tweaks and submit
those as soon as possible, then move to the more controversial stuff.

Eric...