mogile2.0 still doesn't like big file ?

komtanoo.pinpimai at livetext.com komtanoo.pinpimai at livetext.com
Wed Oct 4 21:22:46 UTC 2006

> If the limit's really 8 kB, that's pathetic.  That might be where Perl
> stops using its slab cache and uses malloc directly?

dunno, I've been running mogstored in many boxes, debian and fedora, when
set to 5M, and face hugh file, it dies everytime, when set to 1M,
sometimes it dies, so I set it to 8k like somebody suggested then
everything works.

> Are you running this w/ a memory ulimit set?

Not sure, I'm running mogstored on root,

-------
~# ulimit -a
core file size          (blocks, -c) 0
max nice                        (-e) unlimited
pending signals                 (-i) unlimited
max locked memory       (kbytes, -l) unlimited
open files                      (-n) 1024
pipe size            (512 bytes, -p) 8
POSIX message queues     (bytes, -q) unlimited
max rt priority                 (-r) unlimited
stack size              (kbytes, -s) 8192
max user processes              (-u) unlimited
-------

> It's not fixed in subversion or CPAN yet.  Ideally I'd understand what's
> going on before band-aiding it with an arbitrary (and really low!) limit,
> since this seemingly doesn't affect everybody ... just some people.
>
> Why?

I see you point, 'believe perl or some c libraries must have something to
do with this.

-kem